PTE all modules speaking practice test 1 with Answers
Look at the text below. In 40 seconds, you must read this text aloud as naturally and as clearly as possible. You have 40 seconds to read aloud.
Following a Madras high court order, the popular Chinese video app Tik Tok is no longer available through Google and Apple app stores. The app has already been heavily fined in the US for illegally collecting information from children, and banned in neighbouring Bangladesh. Among the charges against it is that it encourages paedophilia. Tik Tok’s developer, Byteadance Technology, has challenged the court order on the ground that it went against freedom of speech rights in India.
One cannot live stream a mass shooting – as in the recent NewZealand mosque attack – and then claim free speech. Similarly, online disinformation can have a profound political impact in a country – an ongoing case study is the US. If regulating social media content requires dealing with high volumes, then artificial intelligence-driven algorithms can be pressed into service to flag problematic content
OD (born 21 September 1979) is a Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies. Gayle captained the West Indies’ Test side from 2007 to 2010. Considered as one of the greatest batsman ever in Twenty 20 (T20) cricket, Gayle has set numerous records across all three formats of cricket. He is widely acknowledged as one of the most destructive batsmen in the history of the game, particularly in Twenty 20.
In this match against Zimbabwe in World Cup in Canberra, Gayle became the first player to hit a double century in World Cup history. His partnership with Marlon Samuels was the most productive wicket in Cricket World Cup history, producing 372 runs before Gayle was caught for an out on the final ball of the innings. Coincidentally, he was almost adjudged out on the very first ball he faced as an LBW appeal was raised by Zimbabwe bowler, Tinashe Panyangara, however, the umpire turned down the appeal.
The Australia national cricket team is the joint oldest team in Test cricket history, having played in the first ever Test match in 1877. The team also plays One Day International (ODI) and Twenty 20 International (T20I) cricket, participating in both the first ODI, against England in the 1970-71 season and the first T20I, against New Zealand in the 2004-05 season, winning both games. The team draws its players from teams playing in the Australian domestic competitions.
Gayle had a slow start to his international career, but invigorated it in 2002, ending the year with three centuries against India in November and becoming the third West Indian to score over 1,000 runs in a calendar year, along with Vivian Richards and Brian Lara. He is one of only six players in One Day International history to have three or more scores of 150. In 2005, Gayle was dropped for the first Test against South Africa along with six other players following a dispute over sponsorship issues.
In this task, you will hear a short sentence of approx. 8 to 14 words. You have to repeat these sentences as it is once the recording time starts. You have to speak it fluently, with proper pronunciation. This task hasn’t any preparation time. So, you have to speak immediately as you hear the sentence. Moreover, You can listen to the sentence only once. But, Here are some Repeat sentences for practice purpose. Also, the answers of these Repeat sentences are given below these audio clips.
1. The given line graph depicts information about rates of smoking in some land according to gender from the year 1960 to 2000. It is crystal clear from the graph that men was maximum in smoking in 1960 which decreased gradually and reached less than 300 in 2000. On the other hand, women were minimum in 1960 and reached up to its peak point in 1975. In conclusion, the men started leaving the habit of smoking with time.
2. The given bar graph represent information about time spent on social media in 2014 by males and females. It is crystal clear that a higher number of student females instead of males spent time on social media. On the other hand, a large number of self-employed, employed and retired males spent time on social media. In conclusion, more significant amounts of males used social media in 2014.
3. The given bar graph represent information about ice cream sold in May to September. It is crystal clear from the bar graph that May and September ice cream sale are almost the same while Ice Cream is highly sold in July. Furthermore, the August sale of ice cream is slightly less than July and more than June. In conclusion, Ice Cream is highly sold in July and August.
4. The given pie chart depicts information about the most preferred mode of commuting for travelling. If we follow the image closely, we can follow that percentage of the metro is higher which is 42%. After close examination, we can say that the bike and local bus are quite similar like 24% and 23% respectively white cars only used on 11 %. In conclusion, we can concede that people mostly prefer to commute public transport.
5. This image clearly shows the process of water collection manually. It consists of numbers of elements such as lever, rope, bucket, pivot, walkway etcetera. On the walkway, an operator moves up and down the lever to collect water through bucket which is hanged to the liver with rope. When a person moves up lever goes down and a bucket filled with water and the operator goes down back to up the bucket. Then a person collects it and the whole process repeated numbers of times to collect the water.
You will hear a lecture. Please retell the lecture when it says recording. You will have 40 seconds to give your response.
1. The lecture was about Amory Lovins who has an extraordinary character with a huge knowledge, but he is not an academic. He built a consulting company. He took around 30 years to think about how to save utilize energy with existing technology. Many people thought he was cray while others perceive he is a genius. A female writer wrote a book about him named as Mr. Green.
2. The lecture was about Adam Smith’s wealth of the nation. The main aim of Smith’s book is to find the causes of the prosperity of economics within the country, so he find 3 facts. Firstly, the factory should look after the employees first because he believes company productivity would be increased if employees focus on their interest. Secondly, factory owners should give equal wages to labours. Thirdly, prosperity can be better achieved by trading with other countries. In the end, the speaker concluded the Smith’s book is collective information of the nation’s economics.
3. The lecture was about bomb calorimeter used to calculate the amount of calorie. It first stated that the food chamber is used to measure the heat, whereas the water chamber could absorb the heat when food is burned. It then argued that thermometer, air space and insulation are deployed to calculate the energy as well as preventing the heat loss. In the end, the speaker concluded that this device could not measure the exact amount absorbed.