Look at the text below. In 40 seconds, you must read this text aloud as naturally and as clearly as possible. You have 40 seconds to read aloud.
South Africa entered first-class and international cricket at the same time when they hosted an England cricket team in the 1888-89 season. At first, the team was no match for Australia or England but, having gained in experience and expertise, they were able to field a competitive team in the first decade of the 20th century. The team regularly played against Australia, England and New Zealand through to the 1960s, by which time there was considerable opposition to the country’s apartheid policy and an international ban was imposed by the ICC, commensurate with actions taken by other global sporting bodies.
In the early 1900s, the first world-class South African cricket team emerged, comprising stars such Bonnor Middleton, Jimmy Sinclair, Charlie Llewellyn, Dave Nourse, Louis Tancred Aubrey Faulkner, Reggie Schwarz, Percy Sherwell, Tip Snooke, Bert Vogler, and Gordon White, players who were capable of giving any international teams a run for their money. In addition to possessing batsmen such as Sinclair (the batsman with the highest strike rate in Test history) Nourse, Tancred, all-rounder Faulkner, Sherwell, Snooker, and White, the South Africans developed the world’s first spin attack which specialized in googly.
On 29 October 2015, following the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) gathering in Singapore, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) director stated that the 2018 format of the tournament would be held in India. In August 2017, the BCCI inquired government authorization to entertain the competition, after the 2017 ACC Under-19 Asia Cup was proposed to Malaysia. In April 2018, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, asked if the BCCI and ACC would consider treating the tournament in Abu Dhabi, in a gambit to ensure Pakistan’s cooperation
In India’s last Super Four match, against Afghanistan, captain Rohit Sharma and vice-captain Shikhar Dhawan were both rested for the match. MS Dhoni was named the captain of the side in their absence and became the first cricketer to lead India 200 times in ODIs. Dhoni became the oldest player to lead India in an ODI. The match finished in a tie, the first time this had occurred in the Asia Cup. It was also the first time that Afghanistan was involved in a tied game in ODIs.
Born and raised in central Argentina, Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency as a child. At age 13, he relocated to Spain to join Barcelona, who agreed to pay for his medical treatment. After a fast progression through Barcelona’s youth academy, Messi made his competitive debut aged 17 in October 2004. Despite being injury-prone during his early career, he established himself as an integral player for the club within the next three years.
On 24 June 2005, his 18th birthday, Messi signed his first contract as a senior team player. It made him a Barcelona player until 2010, two years less than his previous contract, but his buyout clause increased to €150 million. His breakthrough came two months later, on 24 August, during the Joan Gamper Trophy, Barcelona’s pre-season competition. A starter for the first time, he gave a well-received performance against Fabio Capello’s Juventus, receiving an ovation from the Camp Nou.
In this task, you will hear a short sentence of approx. 8 to 14 words. You have to repeat these sentences as it is once the recording time starts. You have to speak it fluently, with proper pronunciation. This task hasn’t any preparation time. So, you have to speak immediately as you hear the sentence. Moreover, You can listen to the sentence only once. But, Here are some Repeat sentences for practice purpose. Also, the answers of these Repeat sentences are given below these audio clips.
1.The given line graph represents information about US cigarette prices vs its consumption. It is crystal clear from the graph that cigarette consumption decreased in 2005 as compared to 1970 while the average retail price increased in the same years. In conclusion, overall performance got increased except for cigarette consumption.
2. The given bar graph represents information about the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain. The given data is about cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. For males, the maximum division is taken for cooking, baking and washing up while the minimum division is taken for merchants. Overall, a few time is taken for clothes, for both genders.
3. The given pie charts represent various kinds of reasons for the migration of people from overall countries to UK and UK citizens to other countries. After giving a microscopic look, we can see that the people for a definite job is maximum for both immigration and emigration. In conclusion, the emigrants for formal study are fewer than all.
4. The given picture represents information about the life cycle of an adult frog. It is crystal clear from the process that the frog becomes an adult from a tadpole which converts in its position from an egg. In conclusion, there is a number of stages to become an adult frog from an egg.
5. The given table graph depicts information about various trends in various countries such as Ireland, Japan, Korea, Poland, and Portugal. The data is given three different decades i.e. 1980, 1990 and 2000. In 1980, these trends were maximum in the US and a minimum in Korea which later became minimum in Ireland and Portugal in the year 2000. Overall, the trends of Japan and the US increased with time while it decreased for Ireland
You will hear a lecture. Please retell the lecture when it says recording. You will have 40 seconds to give your response.
1. The lecturer discusses the ability to resist temptation. The marshmallow experiment shows that the longer time a child resist the treat, the higher competitive he or she will be later in life. A study shows that the ability is not strictly innate but highly influenced by the environment. From controlled experiments, the group had been denied for prizes. It previous promise was denied, the ability to resist temptations got hampered later.
2. The lecture is about the business’s globalization. Every aspect of the business is exchanging including healthy food that people eat and type of drink people prefer to drink. So, people prefer packaging food while there are no particular rules for packing and labeling these products. There are unprecedented changes in the business mortals which totally globalize the business theory nowadays. In conclusion, everything about the world is changing and So, you always have to change the model of your performance.
3. The lecture is about the second sun planning by scientists in 2018. For this, a gaseous mixture finds with the high strength magnetic field. At high-temperature nuclei high energy which has 10 times more pressure and could emerge with this. The project provides enormously green energy.